Saturday, June 13, 2009

Some pages and more

Before I post my pictures, I'm going to post about my daughter. She has been sick for about 10 days now. She is doing okay at this point but not well yet. It started on June 4th with a fever of 103. Over the several days following it came and went. On June 9th it went back up above 102 and we finally called the doctor who told us to take her into the after-hours clinic. They were closed so we chose to go to the ER. We assumed they would check for infections or another reason for so many days with a fever. Unfortunately, in the hospital she developed croup pretty bad. They had to give her 3 medicated breathing treatments, one mist treatment and a steroid shot. The next day we follow up with the doctor and she still wasn't doing well, they gave her another steroid shot and kept her for an hour under observation. They checked on her by phone that afternoon and requested to see her again in the morning. By the next morning she was breating better. Her fever registered at 99.9. We were given instructions to keep up with oral steroids for a few more days. That was Thursday. On Friday, her fever stayed in the 99's and she developed bright pink cheeks. A call to the doctor's office told me that the cheeks were probably a results of the respiratory virus and not to worry. Today, Saturday, she still has the pink cheeks and low fever. She acts subdued and tired as well (in addition to sleeping a full 12-hr night plus nap). Anyway, as a mom, I am so frustrated right now. She doesn't seem to be in any danger at all, but 10 days with a fever is a long time...

This first LO is actually the story of her ER visit this week. This was her first time to visit the ER. I used Garden Girl's kit: Captured Moments.
This page is a picture of Andrea that I took this week. Again, I used Garden Girl's kit: Captured Moments.
This is a new page from our vacation at the beach. Andrea really enjoyed visiting the horses but definately didn't want to ride it. I used Shabby Princess's kit: Happy Go Lucky
This is another page from our vacation. I thought it was cute that I took a picture of Andrea walking on the boardwalk and Michelle took the same picture of Cami. Used the same kit as previous.




No comments:

Post a Comment